Our Vision and Mission
We believe that every child deserves a loving, supportive presence in their lives and this presence should have the professional support to really make a difference in that child’s life.
Hakshiva’s mission is to help children with their emotional, social, educational, and spiritual needs.
Our Guiding Principles:
- It is important to build a safe, boundaried, therapuetic relationship with the child and their parents when possible with clear expectations and goals.
- We focus on the Emotional, Social, Educational, and Spiritual needs of the clients
- Capacity is closely monitored to ensure quality is maintained.
- Projects are managed with a clear and professional workplan.
- This includes a description of the needs, the strategies, the goals, the targets, and the outcomes of each program.
- Measurement tools include both documentation of the services and processes and also evaluation of success of the services. (Outputs and Outcomes)
- Measurement tools are as integrated as possible.
- Staff include educational and mental health and also lay professionals (familiar with the realities on the ground).
- It is important to invest in staff development and integration.
- There is no one size fits all solution. We invest in developing new treatment modalities within each project and also developing new projects to help with different needs
- We invest in networking with other organizations and professionals so that we can refer clients to additional assistance when needed.
- It is important to network with schools, professionals, municipality programs and other organizations to be able to help clients in a holistic way.